The University of Ljubljana's Veterinary Faculty welcomes exchange students from across Europe!
Studying veterinary medicine
UL VF offers a single-cycle master degree programme Veterinary Medicine.
You can find basic information about UL VF and its study programme in the presentation brochure Studying Veterinary Medicine in Ljubljana.
Important information for exchange students is available in UL VF's Erasmus+ SMS fact sheet:
The course catalogue contains the courses offered by UL VF in each academic year, their workload distribution and scheduling:
|Organized pedagogical work||Friday, October 1st 2021||Friday, January 14th 2022|
|Winter examination period||Monday, January 17th 2022||Friday, February 11th 2022|
|Organized pedagogical work||Monday, February 14th 2022||Friday, May 27th 2022|
|Spring examination period||Monday, May 30th 2022||Friday, July 1st 2022|
|Autumn examination period||Tuesday, August 16th 2022||Friday, September 9th 2022|
The “University of Ljubljana Week” will start on Monday, November 29th 2021, and finish on Friday, December 3rd 2021. NOTE: Pedagogical work will be organized during this week.
|October 31st 2021||Reformation Day|
|November 1st 2021||Remembrance Day|
|December 25th 2021||Christmas|
|December 26th 2021||Independence and Unity Day|
|January 1st 2022||New Year’s Day|
|January 2nd 2022||New Year’s Day|
|February 8th 2022||Prešeren Day|
|April 17th 2022||Easter|
|April 18th 2022||Easter Monday|
|April 27th 2022||Resistance Day|
|May 1st 2022||Labour Day|
|May 2nd 2022||Labour Day|
|June 25th 2022||Statehood Day|
|August 15th 2022||Assumption of Mary|
|9 (very good)||81–90%||B|
|5 (fail)||50% or less||F|
All courses at UL VF are taught in Slovene (parts of courses may be taught in English if they include guest lecturers from abroad). Exchange students are provided with English literature and can hold individual consultations with the teachers and complete their obligations (assignments, exams etc.) in English.
Upon application students must present a certificate of their Slovene or English language proficiency at least at the level B2 on the CEFR scale of the European Language Portfolio Levels.
Slovene language course
Information on the Slovene language course is sent to exchange students by the University of Ljubljana after their application. The course usually starts three weeks before the beginning of the semester.
For all those who wish to learn Slovene on their own in a simple, playful and effective way, Slovene Learning Online is a freely accessible online course in Slovene for foreigners, developed by the Centre for Slovene as a Second and Foreign Language.
UL digital identity
Exchange students will receive their UL digital identity from the University of Ljubljana.
To activate your digital identity, manage your account and report issues visit UL's ID portal.
In order to help you settle into the academic life at UL VF, we have put into place a system of student tutors to help you with questions or problems that you may encounter while studying here. Our group of motivated and friendly students is led by a student tutor coordinator, who ensures the smooth functioning of this process and is able to deal with the most difficult questions. The rest of the group is composed of student tutors providing general information and student tutors for specific courses where foreign students are more likely to encounter obstacles. More specifically, student tutors are responsible for:
- giving students credible information,
- informing students about events at UL VF,
- explaining the system of lectures, practical classes, colloquia and exams,
- encouraging students to keep up with their studies and pass exams and other obligations in the prescribed timeframe,
- helping foreign students keep in touch with their professors and other faculty staff,
- providing advice on whom to contact in case of bigger problems.
For student tutors' contact information contact the Office for Scientific Research and International Affairs at VFinternational@vf.uni-lj.si.
The University of Ljubljana holds an International student welcome day before the beginning of each academic year. You can find more information here.
UL VF's welcome meeting for exchange students is held on the first day of the semester. Students will be informed about the exact time and location in advance.
Study exchange application checklist
Study exchanges are only open to students whose home institutions have an interinstitutional agreement with UL VF for Erasmus+ SMS. For eligibility check with your home institution.
We have prepared a checklist to help guide you through your application process for a study exchange at UL VF. Please note that the checklist only contains what you have to do on our end; your home institution may have additional requirements.
For a study exchange at UL VF, you must be nominated by your home institution by April 30th for the next academic year (for the winter and/or spring semester). UL VF will accept no nominations after April 30th.
- Look through UL VF's course catalogue (curriculum) for the next academic year and assemble your proposed Learning Agreement for Studies.
By May 15th send an application to UL VF at VFinternational@vf.uni-lj.si containing:
- your Learning Agreement for Studies (signed by you and your home institution’s coordinator),
- your letter of motivation (in Slovene or English),
- a certificate of your achieved grade average at your home institution (accompanied by an explanation of the grading system),
- a certificate of your Slovene or English language proficiency at least at the level B2 on the CEFR scale of the European Language Portfolio Levels.
- Attend the welcome meeting organised by UL VF on the first day of the semester. If you are unable to attend the welcome meeting, inform us at VFinternational@vf.uni-lj.si and check in upon your arrival.
- Contact the lecturers of your selected courses to determine in written form (via e-mail) which requirements you have to fulfil in order to complete the course and (if so elected) pass the exam(s).
During your stay
- If needed, amend your Learning Agreement for Studies within 1 month after the start of each semester. Send it to VFinternational@vf.uni-lj.si signed by you and your home institution's coordinator.
- Regularly check the inbox of the e-mail address you provided when applying for the exchange.
- Keep in touch with your student tutors.
- In case of problems, complications and questions, contact us at VFinternational@vf.uni-lj.si.
- If you wish to terminate your study exchange, inform us at VFinternational@vf.uni-lj.si.
- Receive your letter of confirmation, certificate of course attendance, transcript of records and other certificates at your request.
Learning Agreement: information on UL VF
|University of Ljubljana|
Administrative contact person
Responsible person at the Receiving Institution
|Assist. Prof. Ana Nemec
Nujna veterinarska pomoč za pse in mačke in telefonska številka stalne pripravljenosti.
Bogat izbor domače in tuje strokovne literature s področja veterinarske medicine in drugih ved.
Stalna pripravljenost NVI
Seznam osebja v stalni pripravljenosti za potrebe nadzora.
Matična, registrska, šifra dejavnosti, bančna, davčna številka.
Vzorce sprejemamo na večih lokacij po vsej Sloveniji. Oglejte si kje vse.
Naročite se na obveščanje o naših storitvah in koristne nasvete.