All owners of breeding stallions are required to register at a stallion station.
For the approval and registration of a stallion station, the provisions of the zootechnical and veterinary conditions, which are described in more detail in the following two regulations, must be observed.
- Rules on the conditions for the approval of organisations and the recognition of other horse breeding organisations
- Rules on the veterinary conditions to be fulfilled by stallion stations and the procedure for their registration
For the approval and registration of a stallion station, applicants must submit the following application:
1. Application for approval of a stallion station (under zootechnical rules) - to be submitted to the administrative unit
- The owner, holder or leaseholder of the holding must submit an application for approval of the stallion station to the competent administrative unit.
- The administrative unit verifies the application and asks the Ministry of Agriculture and the Environment to assign a zootechnical registration number. On this basis, the administrative unit issues a decision on approval of the stallion station for a period of five years.
In addition to the application itself, the following annexes must be attached:
- a land registry statement that is no older than three months for the lot on which the stallion is located. If the investor is not the owner of the lot, a lease agreement must also be submitted
- a sketch of the floor plan of the facility where the breeding stallion will be housed and where admittance will take place
- proof of qualification of the stallion holder – a course must be taken (Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Igor Klobučar, Dr.Vet.Med) or appropriate education
- expert opinion of the Clinic for the Healthcare and Breeding or Horses
- a copy of the contract concluded with the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
2. Application for approval of a stallion station (under veterinary rules) - to be submitted to the Administration of the Republic of Slovenia for Food Safety, Veterinary Sector and Plant Protection (UVHVVR)
- Owners of stallions must submit an application for approval of a stallion station to the Administration of the Republic of Slovenia for Food Safety, Veterinary Sector and Plant Protection (UVHVVR)
- The UVHVVR verifies the conditions and a veterinary registration number is assigned if the station meets the prescribed conditions.