Sampling involves the taking of food samples in accordance with the programme submitted by the contracting entity. The process follows international recommendations (ISO), taking into account the specific requirements and instructions of the contracting entity. Sampling involves the taking and transportation of samples from the sampling point to the laboratory and the preparation of documentation.
Food of animal origin
Sampling of foodstuffs and surface swabs is carried out in accordance with the sampling programme provided by the contracting entity.
The procedure follows the following standards:
- ISO/TS 17728: 2015 for food
- ISO 707:2008 for milk and milk products
- ISO 18593:2018 for surface swab sampling
The institute complies with the specific requirements and instructions of the contracting entity in accordance with the legislation, guidelines or regulations of the HACCP system.
- sample extraction
- transport of samples at a controlled temperature from the sampling point to the laboratory
- preparation of documentation.
The contracting entity is provided with reliable and realistic test results of the samples taken in such a way as to ensure professional validity and representation within the submitted sampling plan.
Feed control is important to ensure the safety of food and the protection of consumer health and wellbeing, and animal welfare.
Samples of feed are taken in different environments, in accordance with Regulation 152/2009 EC.
- Subscriber anonymity and traceability of samples is guaranteed
- The institute is trained to take official feed samples
- The institute provides expert advice to clients in cases of discrepancies
Food of Animal Origin
dr. Urška Henigman
Institute of Food Safety, Feed And Environment / Food Safety Department
Gerbičeva 60, 1000 Ljubljana
Tel.: 01 4779 855
Fax: 01 4779 174
dr. Štefan Pintarič
Institute of Food Safety, Feed And Environment / Department of Environment, Animal Nutrition, Welfare and Hygiene
Cesta v Mestni log 47, 1000 Ljubljana
Tel.: 01 4779 141
Fax: 01 4779 279