The Celje unit of the National Veterinary Institute (NVI) carries out professional, operational and development activities in the field of animal disease diagnostics and the healthcare of domestic animals, game, fish and bees, as well as operational and diagnostic activities in the field of food hygiene.
The diagnostic laboratory carries out microbiological and mycological examinations of clinical material and microbiological analyses of food and raw materials for food, feed, swabs and water, parasitological examinations of domestic and wild animals and serological examinations.
The unit carries out activities in the field of the healthcare of fish and bees, namely clinical examinations and sampling of bees and farm and wild fish shoals, dispensing of medicines and providing education for animal owners.
It also carries out the activity of determining the cause of death and the removal of animal carcasses.
SIST EN ISO/IEC 17025:2017
Our management system is implemented according to SIST EN ISO/IEC 17025. We ensure our independence and impartiality and provide reliable and internationally recognised results.
Veterinary Faculty is accredited by Slovenian Accreditation with accreditation number LP-021 / in the field of testing (SIST EN ISO/IEC 17025). A list of accredited methods can be found in the Annex to Accreditation Document LP-021. Actual data on the flexible scope of accredited activity is available in the List of Methods with specified measurement uncertainty/method boundaries.
Unit employees organise training sessions for both animal owners and the needs of various breeding societies and interest groups.
Microbiological testing of food
- Identification of drug residues in milk
- Mastitis tests
- Drinking water tests
- Investigation of clinical specimens
- Parasitological examination of meat, faeces and skin
- Investigation of bee and honey samples
Healthcare of fis
- Clinical examinations of aquaculture
- Field diagnostics and sampling
- Providing advice and prescribing therapies
- Risk assessment for infectious diseases
- Sampling in farms (to order)
- Working with clients
- Diagnostics and sampling in cases of increased fish death
Healthcare of bees
- Professional work in the field of bee healthcare
- Sampling, inspection and investigations
- Health monitoring and treatment
- Providing advice and issuing expert opinions
- Participation in research
- Issuing of certificates
- Determining the cause of death in domestic animals on request from animal owners
- Determining the cause of death in accordance with the recommendations and requirements of the UVHVVR
Veterinary hygiene service
The unit has an organised veterinary hygiene service, where, in the area it covers, it removes dead animals and takes them to the cadaver collection and takes care of their harmless destruction. This service is of the utmost importance as removal of carcasses removes sources of potential infection from the point of view of preventing the spread of the disease to both animals and humans. It is also important from the point of view of protecting the environment because removing animal carcasses helps prevent pollution of water, soil and feed.
National Veterinary Institute
Trnoveljska cesta 1,
Tel: 03 5419 336
Fax: 03 5419 453