Noršinska ulica 35, Murska Sobota
tel.: +386 2 521 19 91
fax.: +386 2 524 15 59
mag. Smiljka Barlovič, vodja email@example.com tel.: +386 2 521 19 91 gsm: +386 31 548 523 mag. Lidija Matavž, namestnica vodje firstname.lastname@example.org gsm: +386 31 622 730 Andreja Šinko email@example.com gsm: +386 41 519 281 Simona Tudjan firstname.lastname@example.org tel.: +386 2 521 19 91 Majda Flegar email@example.com tel.: +386 2 53 48 219 Majda Zver firstname.lastname@example.org tel.: +386 2 53 48 216 Majda Zver Berden email@example.com tel.: +386 2 53 48 219 Darinka Maučec firstname.lastname@example.org tel.: +386 2 53 48 216 Veterinarski higieniki Saša Sandi Golub tel.: +386 2 53 21 471 Andrej Duh tel.: +386 2 53 21 471 Janez Kardoš tel.: +386 2 53 21 471 Branko Novak tel.: +386 2 53 21 471 Deži Sever tel.: +386 2 53 21 471
The activities of the unit cover various professional areas of veterinary medicine.
- Professional work is focused on health care of bees, to protect bees from diseases, and also to educate Slovenian beekeepers to produce hygienic pure honey, in co-operation with similar professional institutions that carry out the same type of activities in terms of the production of safe food.
- The Pathology Department is responsible for the detection and confirmation of suspected cases of infectious diseases. The unit collects carcasses of dead animals and, where there are suspicions of infectious diseases, dissections are carried out.
- The microbiology laboratory carries out reviews of food samples that are produced in local meat processing plants. The laboratory also assists official veterinarians who bring different samples of food or raw materials for the production of food, either from food monitoring programmes or for regular internal controls of production.
- The Veterinary Hygiene Service collects and removes dead and euthanised animals from the yards of breeders of domestic animals to maintain the integrity of the environment. Carcasses are removed daily from that yards of animal owners who register animal deaths.
- The unit performs work under the authority of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Food, and the Ministry of Health, for the purpose of veterinary, market and health inspections and for the needs of animal owners.
In addition to health care, the NVI Unit Murska Sobota is also responsible for the provision of professional advisory services.
• Educating breeders
• Compulsory practical work for students of veterinary medicine
• bacteriological tests of foods of animal origin,
• serological tests,
• parasitological tests,
• bacteriological tests of pathological and clinical material,
• pathomorphologic diagnostics,
• removal of carcasses (VHS),
• health care of bees
- Monitoring and determining the status of bees and the effect on the environment as a result of agricultural activities in connection with the use of phytopharmaceutical products. (Project Head MKGP and KIS in collaboration with NVI)
- The use of biocidal products in beekeeping in field conditions and determining their effectiveness. (Section for Health Care of Bees at VF-NVI)
- Research and Development tasks: Verifying the practicability of acaricide in practice – determining the resistance in mites (Varroa destructor) in the use of acaricide products in field and laboratory conditions. (VF-NVI).
The object of the task is:
• To develop and use laboratory methods for determining the effectiveness of acaricide products,
• To check the effectiveness of acaricide products used by beekeepers in the field.
The purpose of the research is to verify the hypotheses:
- That the use of acaricide products for summer suppression of varroa destroys more than 70% of the presence of varroa. da uporabljeno/uporabljena akaricidno/akaricidna sredstvo/sredstva za poletno zatiranje varoj uniči/uničijo več kot 70-odstotkov prisotnih varoj,
- That there is no significant difference in the effectiveness of the use of products in different areas of Slovenia.